Scripture Cover

I was surprised when our 2nd Councilor in the Relief Society Organization told me that our next additional meeting will be to make scripture cover. I was so excited because I already planned this activity long before already and finally we have it successfully. I am happy to see other sisters who are much eager as I am to have their scripture cover finished. :-) It is something they can be proud of. It was not only to learn a new skill but to care more on our scriptures and to read it in our daily life. I shared the talk by Julie B. Beck, General President of the Relief Society, "My Soul Delighteth in the Scriptures", Ensign, May 2004. I really like her message because I have the same feeling with her as I read the scriptures.

I like it when she said this....

"Roll making is a great homemaking skill. As I bake them, a sweet aroma fills the house. I am able to show my love for my family by sharing something I created. When I study the scriptures, the Spirit of the Lord fills my home. I gain important understanding, which I then share with my family, and my love for them increases. The Lord has told us that our time should “be devoted to the studying of the scriptures” (D&C 26:1) and that “the Book of Mormon and the holy scriptures are given … for [our] instruction” (D&C 33:16). Every woman can be a gospel doctrine instructor in her home, and every sister in the Church needs gospel knowledge as a leader and teacher. If you have not already developed the habit of daily scripture study, start now and keep studying in order to be prepared for your responsibilities in this life and in the eternities.

Sewing is a great homemaking skill too. Because as I sew something for my home and family, a warm feeling of comfort, a sweet home of decorations, and needs of my family fills our house. With sewing I can share my love for them. When I also study the scriptures, the Spirit of the Lord fills my home, just like our home is a Temple of God.

Here's my scripture cover made for my husband's niece.


I will be posting the Relief Society Sister's scripture covers.


P.S. To Young Women -> I'm willing to help and teach you how to make this project for your Personal Progress Value Project. Leave message. Looking forward of meeting you! Thank you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
we will nya get you te as our resource speaker when mag mutual mi on scripture cover.. thnks te :)
MuaHRi said…
Your welcome! :-) I'm excited.

Popular Posts