My Hubby's Birthday!

My hubby's birthday was yesterday.


I will describe him for a few words.
He was...
 
Excited
Happy
Spiritual
A good planner
A good cook
Funny
Worried
Calmed
Surprised
Touched
and
Thankful

The most important thing about this day is "This is his day!". I asked him what does he like to do. He was Excited!
His plan was to ABSENT FROM WORK! tot! tot! We did not work yesterday! Yehey! :-) We are both Happy!
Next plan was to go to the Temple. He was Spiritual. We bought new garments and a new Bible for him. He have not been to temple for quite some time now. I thought that even though he is not a temple goer this time but I know his heart is sad, longing and have this desire to go to the temple more often.
I think he is a A good planner because every time we have something to do or have a travel, he always make it a plan. I'm thankful for that. We share the same attribute.
He is A good cook. Hmmm.. It's his birthday but he cooked the main dishes. :-) He is really a good cook. 
He is Funny. He always have these jokes. And we have our most precious time to laugh with each other. I like to laugh with him when he dance because he is so funny.
I know when he is Worried. And I know how to make him calm.
 Lately, I became so busy with work plus the seminar and the choir. I felt his worries that I will not have time with him on his birthday. I told him that I will have time for him on his birthday. I told him that I have prepared something for him. And on his birthday..he was Surprised and Touched because he was not expecting a cake on his menu. :-) He was touched because he never had a birthday cake before. Oh~~ I felt sad about that. But I'm happy that I thought of the gift for him.
At the end of the day, he was Thankful.

I'm grateful also. I realized that we not only nurture our children but it is also our responsibility to nurture our husband and our marriage.

I wanted to make my hubby's birthday a little bit special.
I bought a cake without any design. It's like decorate-your-own-cake style.
I bought some items for decorations and the best part is to print small size picture of my hubby. I chose the funny and one that he looks good. :-)
I think he likes it and he thought that I already deleted those normal days pictures I had with him. He kept it in his journal. :-) 

Marriage brings greater possibilities for happiness than does any other human relationship. Yet some married couples fall short of their full potential. They let their romance become rusty, take each other for granted, allow other interests or clouds of neglect to obscure the vision of what their marriage really could be. Marriages would be happier if nurtured more carefully.  

Comments

Popular Posts