Wedding Invitation in a RUSH!

My co-worker announced that she will be married with her long time boyfriend. She announced to us on Monday and her wedding will be on next week Tuesday. She will be married in their province so she will go home on Friday night. 

On Friday, I ask her, "Where's my invitation? I thought you are inviting us.." And she said, it's not yet done. Huh? I feel worry. I asked why? What are your plans? How would you do that? She told me that she bought a wonderful card stock with scent. It was really nice but the problem was she typed in the wedding invitation in Microsoft Word and she planned to printed it out, cut and paste, then fold. That's it!



I feel sad how she is going to do that... I asked her if she would allow me help her do her wedding invitation. She was hesitant but I really insisted because I wanted her to feel special during her wedding. It makes me feel sad to imagine that she has not able to fix her invitation yet and when she goes home she will be much pressured and worried. 

I told her that I this is the thing that I love to do... She was shy to say YES! So, I searched the google. Google is really GREAT! I asked her to choose which DIY Wedding Invitation she feels she would like it and feels comfortable with. She have not thought that their was a lot of DIY Wedding Invitation in Google. I introduced her with Google that night. And she was very happy! :-) Thanks Google! And A BIG THANK YOU for all the GENEROUS BLOGGERS WHO SHARES THEIR TALENTS AND KNOWLEDGE. YOU HAVE HELPED US SOOO BIG!


We just followed the instruction but we have some small revisions.

1.) Print the free template and cut. Patterned it to our chosen card stock then cut. 

2.) Measure the square in the middle where the information is located. 

3.) Open Microsoft Word, insert text box. Change size of text box from the measurement we get.

4.) Freely design what we wanted inside the text box and all the information we want to show.

5.) Print in Parchment Paper. Cut and Punch Holes for ribbon attachment inside.

6.) Fold to close and final with ribbon bow.


WHAT I LEARNED with this experience... I feel reminded that my favorite thing to do could be a help to someone else. What help we can offer to others could touch their lives, feel them happy and have relief. I, too, for myself, I was reminded again of the good feelings in my heart in sharing good things to others especially how thankful they are and how they appreciate it. It really feels good to share! 

I also learned that I HAVE TO BUY OR USE SCORING TOOL. We had funny moments doing this invitation. The card cracked and we find ways how to solve it. What we did was slice a bit in the corners we need to fold. But it is still not good. After this, was the time I've learned I should have scoring tool or that BONE FOLDER thing... I would definitely will buy that one! and more invitations and card making soon! Congratulations to my friend and co-worker!


Post a Comment

0 Comments