Stake Relief Society 2017 Visiting Teaching Convention

Everybody is quite excited for visiting teaching convention. This year's theme is service. We were tasked to prepare a presentation that would give a message of service.

It was quite hard. Something popped up in my mind to use "The Coconut Song" which was trending in YouTube lately. I thought this could be fun. Okay.

But the day is approaching, I felt it hard to relate the song to service. I still can't think of something. I prayed about it in the morning after my scripture study. At the office I downloaded the song. Played it many times. I pretended I just enjoyed the song but actually I was trying hard to understand the lyrics. That night, upon pondering, some inspiration came. The inspiration was, THE SONG TELLS US THAT THE COCONUT HAS MANY USES FOR FOOD AND FOR SHELTER. hmmmm... Okay... Next question I had was, okay, how could this be in relation with service. Suddenly, it was like a big pizza arrived at the door step, I thought we could act the situation of someone who lost her house from typhoon and sisters will bring her food and build her house again! That's it!

I called my councilors right away. I was so excited for the inspiration I received and I was excited to share it with them. I was so thankful that they were able to catch my idea and they improved it, put actions to the song (which is a little funny, which is my goal) and composed a little drama and fun.

Here's the video of our presentation:



If you want the music, I found it from YouTube and use "music joiner" to make the song and sound in one file. First part of the song is in titled, "When I Feel His Love" followed by a sound of a typhoon and finally the last part is the "COCONUT SONG". It will be found all in YouTube.

Hope that you'll find a little inspiration from this blog and eventually find the way of what the Spirit tell you to do little by little. You will come up with an amazing result. I'm truly so thankful for the Spirit being with me and helping me with everything I do.


Post a Comment

0 Comments