FEBRUARY 2018 Relief Society Activity

"Promise Proposal Activity"

Purpose: To encourage sisters express their love for their husband.

Lesson: We had a video showing about expressing love by Elder Scott. This is really a nice video. Most Filipinos are not so expressive and showy. They find it awkward. I considered myself to be one of those before but now that I'm learning the gospel of Jesus Christ, I realized that I should be expressive of my love to my family and husband. It is really hard to initiate the moves but I can see myself doing it little by little, it helps me change.


We had a discussion of what we can learn from the video. I personally love Elder Scott. I can feel he loves his wife so dearly. His wife is also creative in expressing her love for his husband. 

What I got from the video is that, we can make wonderful memories with our spouses. I mean, positive, joyful and sweet memories. The Holy Ghost will tells us different ways for us to express our love for our spouses. 

For me, I made a "Date Journal". This journal is a compilation of our dates together. 

Activity:

First, we made a small simple card with a message. Message should be, WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND THAT HE DID TO YOU. For those who do not have a spouse, they can make a card for a sister or for someone she love.

Here is mine for my husband:



Second, I gave away rings to husbands. (I was able to buy the most cheaper fashion rings from China.) They choose rings they live to give for their wife. They will prepare their "Promise Proposal" to their wife.

Third, husband will find their letter. They will read it. Then, they will say their "Promise Proposal".



Fourth, they will kiss and hug.

Learning: My heart was full when I saw the husbands waiting outside our Relief Society Class Room with excitement and eagerness to give the ring and their promise proposal to their wives. It gives me a thought that the brother or husband really love their wives. I have not felt negative feelings from them. All I felt from the brothers was love, excitement, eagerness and happiness. I've learned that the husband could make reservation of their negative feelings unlike us sisters, sometimes.

I've learned that brothers were patient to their wives. I think my husband also. We, wives should also be patient to their husband. In times their will be rough moments in our marriage, but can we have a big reservation for them? Can we hold back our bitterness towards them? We can learn self-mastery with our husbands. I think this is why the Lord commanded us to get married. 

Seeing each couple showing and expressing their love is really inspiring especially those in their senior years already. It gives me hope that my marriage would be as sweet and lovely as theirs. 

Video: My counselor took all the video of each couple but I don't know if they would allow me to post it here. I also made a video with my husband at home but I decided to keep it private. ; -) 

Thank you everyone! Hoping that you'll get some bits of inspiration from this blog because what you treasure is what's in our hearts!! 



Post a Comment

0 Comments