Updated Relief Society Presidency Meeting Agenda

 

My inspiration to make a new Relief Society Presidency Meeting Agenda is because of the recent changes in the church’s leadership responsibilities and services.

I’m grateful with the announcements of the recent changes made by Pres. Russell M. Nelson. 

REVISED MEETING AGENDA

I took a careful observation overtime on how we open our presidency meetings and I felt the need to make some major revisions.

I observed we have a quick opening exercise. Whoever conducts the meeting, we give remarks to thank the presence of each member of the presidency and the secretary. We introduce the presiding and conducting. Reviewing my previous meeting agenda, I noticed somethings that we don’t do.

Usually, we don’t have announcements for the presidency. So, I decided to cancel it during the opening exercise, instead, we mention these announcements during discussions for a specific topic.

During our meeting, I asked each one to share what scriptures inspired them or I assigned one of them to share. I removed it in the opening exercise because I've noticed, it took much time looking and deciding what scripture they have to share. Instead, I ask each one to testify or share their inspirations or personal revelations as we close our meeting. It is helpful and strengthening for us.

Instead of leadership training, I changed it to a “review handbook of instruction”. I realized that we didn't discuss the handbook like a training. We choose and review some sections and move on to the main purpose of our meeting.

At this point, I changed the “Agenda Items” to “Responsibilities”. It is a summary outlined from section 9 of the Church’s handbook of instruction. I used the symbols from the new changes illustrated by our church leaders. It looks concise and I added detailed tasks for each responsibility.

At the bottom, you write all your decisions, plans, goals, ideas, and assignments. You can divide the area depending on how many tasks or topics choose to discuss.

CONCLUSION

Over the past years, I've seen improvements in holding our meetings. And I've seen our accomplishments.

As leaders, it is vital to plan to help sisters participate in the work of the Lord. During the meeting, each other’s opinions and ideas are important and respected. This will help the presidency to have one mind and heart in accomplishing the Lord’s work. 

May this updated presidency meeting agenda help serve the purpose and importance of holding a presidency meeting. And I hope this will help in accomplishing the Lord’s work.


DOWNLOAD:

CLICK HERE: Updated Relief Society Presidency Meeting Agenda

Post a Comment

11 Comments

Kim Martin said…
I'd love an editable version of the RS Pres Mtg agenda!
Mari said…
Hi Kim, thank you for your interest. I'm glad to share it with you. Can you head over to my FB page? Send me a message there and I'll send you the file. Hope that would be okay. Thank you again.

My FB is MuaHRi.
Marilyn D said…
Brand new RS Secretary. Would love to have an editable version of this agenda! What is your FB page?
Mari said…
Hi Marilyn, yes it is! My FB page is MuaHRi. I'll send the editable version there! Thank you!
Erin said…
I would love an editable version. I sent you a message on facebook.
Unknown said…
Hello, Thank you for sharing an editable version and for sharing your talents.
Unknown said…
Very nice! Thank you for sharing!
Mari said…
Hi everyone! Please know I will be selling a Relief Society Planner on my Fb page @muahritreasures. This meeting agenda is included in the planner. I thought that this planner will be helpful for the RS leaders. Thank you so much for your support!
Unknown said…
Hello, I've tried to go to your Etsy shop and am unable to get to your shop. Could you please let me know how to obtain an editable file? Would love to utilize this with our Presidency. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with others.
Mari said…
Hi, here is the link of my Etsy shop.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MuaHRi

There is Canva link once you purchase this agenda.

In this blog, I only give the PDF file because I made this in Photoshop at first. It's difficult for me to transfer to another app. Sorry about that.

Thank you for your interest. I hope you could reach my Etsy shop. There are other helpful templates for Relief Society in my shop.

God Bless.
Caryn Swann said…
I left a message on you FB. I would really love an editable version of your Presidency Meeting Agenda.