My Most Treasured Scene in Korean START-UP


What is START-UP?

START-UP is a South Korean television series. The series revolves around a woman who has dreams of becoming an entrepreneur like a man who is secretly her first love, and another man who is pretending to be her first love.

What I like about this series?

One of the things that I like about this series is the portrayal of becoming an entrepreneur. It shows the different attitudes of a neophyte trying to reach their dreams versus a pro. 

I have so many things to learn in terms of starting a business as well. However, I'm not going to share with you about that today. 

There is something special in the series that I like the most. It is when I shed a lot of tears and the love penetrated deeply into my heart. (ahh.. emotional?)

It is the unconditional love of the grandmother Choi. The scenes with Grandma Choi has brought love into my heart. 


Grandma Choi's Demonstrations of Love

 1. Grandma Choi is observant of the needs of others.

Han Ji Pyeong was forced to leave the orphan because of age. He received money however it was difficult to start a life with a little money by himself. He doesn't have a place to sleep.

By the look of Ji Pyeong, Grandma Choi could know that he like the corndog that she sells but chooses not to buy because he is looking into his budget.

Grandma Choi sent a message to this young man allowing him to sleep at her store and she gave him corndog.

I think this is not only happening in the series. We also have witnessed this kind of brave action of letting a person sleep in your place in real life. Because there are also real people who at some point in their life have nothing and need someone to accept them.

I know it is scary to just let people sleep in your garage or into a spare room in your place for someone. Sometimes we have a wrong judgment of our feelings because we want to help. And it leads some to stop helping because they realized it was a scam.

For some reason, sometimes the eagerness to help because we are reminded to do so has a different result from the demonstration of love to help. We receive inspiration that our heart could only feel it. It is something special.


2. Grandma Choi knows she can trust this young man and she knew he is a good boy.


Grandma Choi was anxious that she forgot her money at the store and might be stolen by this young man. However, it was a relief that her money was still there. She was told to put that money in a bank account.  

Ji Pyeong has the intention to earn money and I feel to has the freedom to buy what he needs. He helped grandma Choi to open an account with all the trust of Grandma Choi to him. He also invested money in the stock market.

When it comes to money, we always have a doubt about a person. What if he will steal my money? What if one day I don't have it?

Grandma Choi trusted Ji Pyeong with the intention that her money is safer in the bank. And Ji Pyeong with his intention to get the capital gain of the money after investing. Hmm.. without telling this to Grandma Choi.

Have we trusted anyone with our money? This is a difficult question because the answer would depend on what situation.


3. Grandma Choi respects others and has a big heart of giving and forgiving.

This is one of the striking scenes in this series. At this time, Ji Pyeong planned to separate and get the money he earned from investing. But he failed because Grandma Choi was able to withdraw the money first. On the other hand, she needs the money for her son's business.

Ji Pyeong was surprised that the money was gone when he checked the ATM. And saw Grandma Choi and her son giving the money. 

This was the confrontation. However, Grandma Choi gave the money. 








To his surprise, Ji Pyeong was shocked. He said, "that kind of kindness is something I can't afford."




I know how it feels when you can't afford such an act of kindness from someone. All you want to promise to yourself is to try to equate that with kindness but it seems you can't equate that because for you it is such a big favor that changes your life.

THIS IS LOVE!


After an intense argument with your mother, does she gave you something because she is still concern about you? 

I have experienced it when I decided to go to Taiwan. We had a fight. I did not know that she followed me. I already inside the tricycle and I saw her watching me. And she reminded me to be safe. That is love! I feel love in my heart! 

This scene made me cry so hard because this is an act of love!


I've seen different demonstrations of love in this series. Oh, I'm loving the Korean series now! 

If you haven't seen this, please check it out on Netflix and be patient reading the translations. hehe... 


Post a Comment

0 Comments