Infuriating Unfairness By Elder Dale G. Renlund


We all feel unfair at some point in our lives. And it is sometimes infuriating. How do we manage this kind of feeling? Do we ask God why is it so unfair? Did our faith decrease and slow our progress? 

Elder Dale G. Renlund talks about infuriating unfairness in the last April 2021 General Conference. 

He explained that our choices matter to yield long-term advantages and disadvantages in this life. He said, "When other's receive benefits because of their diligent choices, we cannot rightly conclude that we have been treated unfairly when we have had the same opportunity."

Some unfairness is unexplainable. We were born and raised in a body that is imperfect. Born in affluence, with loving parents, and with all the advantages in this life when others are not. 

With that unfairness, whether it is by choice or unexplainable, Elder Renlund declared that Jesus Christ understands our unfairness and has the power to provide a remedy that is unique for each of us. 

Another message that I think he wants us to know is that because we all feel this unfairness whether it is by our choices or unexplainable ones, we should alleviate unfairness as much as we could. 

WHAT I LEARNED

Let me tell you first some of the things that I feel unfair about and I feel annoyed about.

First, people die because of a lack of money. And the worst thing is, some people choose to die because they know their family is having a hard time looking for help and money. 

Second, when I feel I'm doing my best and have given all of my energy but my best was not good enough. 

While studying this talk, I was reminded of my talk about being of good cheer. It was that time when the spirit press upon me an answer of why the Lord wants us to be of good cheer. The Lord knows our struggles and challenges. He also knows how diligent we are in finding solutions to the point where we lose sight of Him. The Lord wants us to be happy despite these challenges because he does not want our hearts to harden. He does not want us to live unhappiness, ungratefulness, and bitterness in life.

This talk is another confirmation of that answer. Because of the unfairness, Elder Renlund reminded us not to harden our hearts or corrode our faith in God. 

I wanted to increase my faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. I want to believe that He will use this unfairness and disadvantage for my benefit. To make me more humble, be more grateful, to become better, and believing that he will reward me more than I can imagine. 


If you like this talk, you can download the study guide below by clicking the link. Thank you so much for stopping by!


DOWNLOAD:

Infuriating Unfairness By Elder Dale G. Renlund

Post a Comment

0 Comments