General Conference Kit April 2011

I was inspired to give a service project for Young Women and Relief Society on General Conference.
General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is held on every 6 months. I assume that all the members are awaiting this important event because we are all me hearing the voice of the prophets and all other special witnesses of Christ.
It is so inspiring how other members are preparing for the General Conference which the thought of what food I should bring would come first into my mind. :-) And what would be the Prophets and other speaker's counsel that will inspire me would be the important question that I have before the conference. My notebook and pen would be present, of course.

It impress me so much that other members have a unique way of preparing before, during and after the General Conference. I thought that this way, they give more importance and dedication to the special witnesses of Christ.

Here are some of the ways to prepare  
 
BEFORE:
-Start thinking now about questions or concerns you have. Write them down, and pray that you will find solutions and guidance
during conference and pray for those who are assigned to speak.
- Do those things which invite the Spirit into your life so you will have a better understanding of what will be taught.
- Have a willing heart, ready to obey the words of the prophets.
- Be awake for conference. Get a good night’s sleep!
- Prepare a notebook, pens, your scriptures, and anything else you might need.
DURING:
-Attend or view all the sessions, including the priesthood session for priesthood bearers or the General Young Women Meeting
for women.
- Listen carefully—not just to the speakers, but to the prayers and songs also.
- Keep notes, including any inspiration you might receive during conference.
- Listen earnestly for answers to the questions you have.
- Between conference sessions, participate in activities that will invite the Spirit.
AFTER:
- Follow the prophets by obeying their counsel.
- Re-read your notes. Remember the inspiration you had while you were listening to conference. Make goals right away to
motivate you to do what you felt inspired to do.
- Re-read the conference talks in the May Ensign. Studying the words of the prophets again will help you remember their most
current counsel for you.

What preparation I did for the General Conference?

I bought tissues, oatmeal cookies, candies and paper bags. I printed out questions for them to ponder after the conference.

Put the items into the paper bags. Oh~~ I was so excited to give these away.

Fold the top.

Staple tag. Done!
I would be making my family's General Conference Tradition. I know that if we listen to the prophet's voice, we also hear the voice of the Lord through them. I know that it is true!

Post a Comment

0 Comments