General Conference Study Journal: "Tithing - A Commandment Even for the Destitute"

Truly, the Lord did not except the destitute to sacrifice and not to pay tithing. Man will except but God will not. This is what it means that mercy cannot rob sacrifice.

It is hard to teach a principle to someone to pay tithing when the money left in his pocket is good for food for his children. That is so hurting for a father to see his child without food.  But unless we have a GREAT FAITH unto the Lord, we will not be afraid to pay tithing because we know we will be protected and be blessed. I think that is how a faithful person's think. 


I also like the story of the widow of Zarephath shared in this talk. When I carefullly read, studied, pondered and wrote my thoughts about this story, I was touched and I gained more desire to follow her example and follow the Lord in paying tithing.

Sometimes when we are afraid we think too much about what will happen to ourselves. I soooo like our leaders that comforts us with this following phrase:
"..the most important assistance comes from God, not from man."
I'm giving away a free General Conference Study Journal. This has help me a lot. I have this in my journal. Hoping that this would help you in your study also.

Tithing—a Commandment Even for the Destitute

Download:  General Conference Study Journal: Tithing - A Commandment Even for the Destitute

Post a Comment

0 Comments