Receiving My Honor Bee..

I'm grateful for the Y.W. Personal Progress Honor Bee Program. By doing Honor Bee, I've learned so many things about SERVICE. I've learned giving a short and long term service.


Pres. Spencer W. Kimball once said,  
"We become more substantive as we serve others - indeed, it is easier to find ourselves because there are so many more of us to find."

Teaching someone to read, sharing, and doing something for someone is such a great opportunity for me to learn more and discover something more about myself and such a great opportunity to be more closer to my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. 

I realized that later. At first, I just want to teach someone, sharing something, and do something for someone. But it is more than just that. I become more humble and I know that doing these things is not for myself but for the service of my King Jesus Christ. Just like what the scripture tells us.

Mosiah 2:17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God. 

Mosiah 2:16 Behold, I say unto you that because I said unto you that I had spent my days in your service, I do not desire to boast, for I have only been in the service of God.


By serving others, my ability to love others increases. I know how hard it is sometimes. But there is nothing impossible if we allow love to grow in our hearts.

I remembered my husband would tell me that if I am willing to teach someone to read, I should also be willing to be her friend. And I tell my husband, YES! And we did. We become friends and her family as well.


I learned to be less selfish by sharing what I have. Sharing is one way of service and one way to show our care and love. Doing personal progress has trained me to find opportunities that I can share and serve others. My understanding of widen. And I feel my Savior's love around me...

And most especially, my love to study the scripture has grown. The spiritual knowledge that I gained was amazing. I gain testimony from it. I'm grateful to Heavenly Father for the scriptures. It has changed me a lot!

Post a Comment

0 Comments