Move Forward by President Russell M. Nelson

 


Here's the first talk from October 2020 General Conference Saturday Session by President Russell M. Nelson.


Lesson

I was thinking why not I include a copy of the talk in this study guide? On this page, I put a right indent to give space for notes, quotes that stood out, and for anything that you would like to doodle on it.

The photo below is showing you how I highlighted and marked the phrases to emphasize that which is important for me. I used stars and hearts also.

For the highlight color, I don't really have a specific or strict rule on that. I change colors if the next paragraph is explaining to the next significance.




Study Guide

My study guide has not changed much. I took out the background design. My way of studying general conference talks has not changed. This way has helped me dig deeper into the meaning of the speaker and received inspiration.

I showed from the photo below an example of how I study this talk and my thoughts.



What's I've Learned

I saw President Russell M. Nelson's generous heart and seeing this challenging time from a positive perspective view. He is grateful despite the challenges of the members. And also, I think he too has his own challenges in the preparation for this conference.

When he said, "I pray that we as a people are using this time to grow spiritually". He did not exempt himself. With all these challenges around us, he has to remind himself as well.

None of us is perfect at controlling our feelings but we can control it if we focus our thought and feelings on the Lord's promises and hold on to the word of God.

You can download the link below for this lesson and study guide. I hope that this could help you with your personal study or in preparing for a lesson.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this lesson. Thank you!

Post a Comment

0 Comments