2020 Christmas Celebration

 


RECOGNITION

This year's Christmas is not more on gifts and money. We are less of it this year because of the pandemic.

However, celebrating Christmas isn't always about receiving or giving more gifts and money. I was able to see the deeper meaning of Christmas from a different perspective.

I always bear in mind that Christmas is about our Savior Jesus Christ. Whether we have an abundance of money or lack of it, choosing to center our celebration with our Savior fills up whatever we feel is still missing to us. 


CELEBRATION

Every Christmas, I always wanted to invite the missionaries for Christmas Dinner. 

We only have two missionaries this time in our ward because of the pandemic's restrictions. And they are serving two wards. 

These missionaries were so happy when I invited them. And because of that, they came too early! hehe... 

It's okay that they came early because I have a simple activity for them to do. 

I gave them the Christmas Placemat that I made. While watching them, I can say that they enjoyed answering those puzzles. And it was fun to see their drawings of what Christmas means to them. I just forgot to take photos of it.


Another fun part was revealing the answers! 

Afterward, we had our dinner that they've enjoyed as well.


Slowing down the dinner, I introduce the next activity. We had ABCs of GRATITUDE game. I printed our letters from A to Z. Cut it, rolled it, and put it in a container.

Everyone takes turns picking out one rolled paper with a letter on it, then we say what we are thankful for that starts with that letter. 

Here are the ABC's of gratitude that we came up with: 

(I forgot what others have said. I'll update this until I remembered them all.)

THE ABC’S OF GRATITUDE

is for anime because I enjoyed watching it.
is for 
is for
is for dogs because we feel safe to guard our house.
is for eggs because it is easy to cook when we are hungry and tired.
is for 
is for
is for
is for
is for Jesus Christ because he is our Savior.
K is for knowledge acquired from studying.
is for 
is for
N is for nanay's (mother) love and care. 
O is for the outside world because we learn something from there.
is for pandemic because I realized it is okay not to go to the mall.
Q is for quarantine that taught me many things.
is for Raffy Tulfo because he was able to help those in need and with problems.
is for saging (banana) because it can make me full.
is for 
is for an umbrella because it protected me from rain and sun for over 1 year.
is for Valentine because we get to celebrate love.
is for the weather because we were able to go home without rain.
is for the x-men because of its very creative production.
is for yuletide season because we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior.
is for 


It was a heartfelt discussion 
indeed of discovering what we were grateful for. And we end our Christmas dinner with simple gifts and pictures for remembrance. 

WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS TO ME

For me, Christmas look like this. A simple dinner, good conversation, simple gifts, and photos. 

Christmas is letting others feel the spirit of love and joy. 

It is my hope that we enjoyed Christmas with the spirit of love and joy. No matter how and where we celebrated it, whether we have food or none, have money or lack of it. We can choose to feel the spirit in a meaningful way. 

Merry Christmas to all!

Post a Comment

0 Comments